Kilimanjaro Marathon (Add-on Tanzania)
On the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro in the town of Moshi, a truly unique running event takes place every year. Take part in an amazing running experience suitable for everyone from families doing the 5km “Fun Run” to elite athletes testing themselves against the altitude. It all takes place in the shade of the jacaranda trees and is set against the mighty backdrop of the highest free-standing mountain in the world. Run the Kilimanjaro Marathon with World Adventure Tours!
Every year since 2003, the Kilimanjaro Marathon is held in the town of Moshi. Placed at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro at 700-850m above sea level, it is a one-of-a-kind running event. The atmosphere in Moshi during race weekend is electric. The race takes place in the shade of the jacaranda trees and there are plenty of places to explore around the race track, lots of restaurants, and venues offering a full range of foods from local fare to fantastic Indian Cuisine and live music around town. The excitement around the event is enormous, with locals coming out to support the athletes. The event finishes in the MoCu Stadium, in Moshi – with music, food, and drinks. Run the Kilimanjaro Marathon with us!
This AIMS-registered race has been set up to promote the sport in Tanzania and has the official backing of the Tanzania Tourist Board, the Tanzania Amateur Athletics Association, and the IAAF. The marathon is split into three races: a standard 42.2 km marathon, a 21.1 km half marathon, and a 5 km “Fun Run” all taking place in the foothills of Kilimanjaro. All races are marshaled, with traffic control and medics along the way.
Included in the price:
- We provide a goodie bag with our T-shirts (World Adventure Tours X Kilimanjaro Marathon)
- A complimentary massage after the marathon
- Registration for the Marathon
- One hotel night at Springlands Hotel (Full board)
Excluded from the price:
- Internal or International flights
- Entry visa to Tanzania
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone, and postage
- Airport transfers
Request A Free Quote!
- Best price guarantee
- Without any obligation to book
- Your request will be sent directly to the operator