A Taste of the Savanna Safari (Add-on Tanzania)
Short and sweet, this two-day adventure enables you to get a taste of Tanzanian wildlife and breathtaking landscapes. Get a concentrated glimpse of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Tarangire National Park. A perfect package to combine with a mountain climb.
Do you want to go on a safari but you are short on time? This safari is the perfect add-on trip to combine with a Mount Kilimanjaro trek. This concentrated trip will take you to Tarangire National Park and to Ngorongoro Crater giving you the perfect dose of wildlife and picturesque views proving that quantity is not always quality!
TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK | HIGHVIEW HOTEL
Pick up from your hotel Moshi or Arusha and drive to Tarangire National Park, lunch en route. This is a beautiful park filled with baobabs and acacia trees with a large variety of game such as zebras, elephants, giraffes, and waterbuck. Watch the animals come together on the shores of the Tarangire River. The animals are best viewed during the dry season, including elephant herds, elands, oryx, lesser kudu, rhinos, leopards, lions, and cheetahs. The birdlife is varied and plentiful. You can also see the very rare Roam Antelope in this park. In the late evening drive to Highview Hotel in Karatu for dinner and overnight.
Overnight Highview Hotel (with dinner & breakfast) or Similar
NGORONGORO CRATER – MOSHI/ARUSHA
Drive 30 minutes from the Highview Hotel to the Ngorongoro Crater gate. On the eastern side, the Rift Valley expands across the horizon with elephants, buffalo, zebra, monkeys, and birds scattered across the landscape. You will also see the crater rim within it cradling Tanzania’s diverse concentration of wild and rare animals. This is the best place in Tanzania to see black rhinos and prides of lion that include the magnificent black-maned males. There are lots of colorful flamingoes and a variety of water birds. Other game you can see includes leopard, cheetah, hyena, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. Then, in the late afternoon, drive back to Arusha or Moshi or to the airport.
Included in the price:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) accommodation while on safari
- Pick up from your hotel in Arusha or Moshi and drop off
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide during the safari
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee
- Current Government taxes and levies
Excluded from the price:
- Internal or International flights
- Pre-safari night accommodation
- Entry visa to Tanzania
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone, and postage
- Items of personal Nature
Request A Free Quote!
- Best price guarantee
- Without any obligation to book
- Your request will be sent directly to the operator