Mera Peak Summit
Embark on an epic journey to conquer Mera Peak, an exhilarating climbing expedition in Nepal’s Himalayas. Your adventure kicks off in Kathmandu where you’ll receive a warm welcome and essential briefings. A scenic flight to Lukla opens the door to the trek, leading through enchanting forests, picturesque villages, and stunning vistas. As you ascend, the Himalayan giants reveal themselves creating a sense of wonder and anticipation. The summit of Mera Peak beckons, with each day drawing you closer to this awe-inspiring achievement. Gazing upon Everest and Makalu from the peak is a breathtaking reward. Returning to Kathmandu, you’ll cherish the memories of this remarkable journey leaving with a heart full of Himalayan dreams.
Embark on an incredible expedition to Mera Peak, a thrilling adventure that pushes your limits and offers a profound connection with nature. Starting in Kathmandu you’ll dive into the vibrant culture before flying to Lukla, the gateway to the Himalayas. The trek unveils breathtaking landscapes where you’ll witness everything from from lush forests to remote villages.
The climax is conquering Mera Peak’s summit where you’ll relish panoramic vistas. It’s an indescribable moment, a triumph of nature and human determination. Descending, you carry the Himalayan experience with you, forever enriched by this transformative journey. Mera Peak isn’t just a mountain; it’s a gateway to adventure and self-discovery.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU (1,300M/4,264FT) & TRANSFER TO HOTEL.
A representative from Sherpa Expedition and Trekking will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel in Thamel, the tourist hub of Kathmandu. In the evening you are invited join our welcome dinner where you will also be briefed on what to expect on your journey to Mera Peak and get to meet your fellow climbers.
DAY 2: FLY FROM KATHMANDU TO LUKLA AND TREK TO CHHUTANG [2800M/9184FT] DURATION: 3-5 HOURS
Today, we will take an early morning scenic flight from Kathmandu to the airstrip in Lukla. Lukla is the gateway to Khumbu and the entire Everest region. From Lukla, we start our trek heading east into the thick forest on the hillside below the Kalo Himal Ridge. There are several trails that head away from the main trail on this section, so sticking to the group is the best option before arriving at Chhutang.
DAY 3: TREK FROM CHHUTHANG TO TULI KHARKA [4100M/13448FT] DURATION: 5-6 HOURS.
Leaving Chhutang we will follow the trail that gradually ascends and steepens as we head towards the crossing of Zatrawala Pass at 4600 meters. Our tiring climb to the top of the pass is rewarded with magnificent views of Numbur Himal, Kongdi Ri, Karyolang Peak and other surrounding peaks. Our trek goes along a level path for almost two hours before descending all the way to Tuli Kharka.
DAY 4: TREK FROM TULI KHARKA TO KOTHE [4182M/13716FT] DURATION: 6-7 HOURS.
From Tuli Kharka, our trail is a mixture of both uphill and downhill trekking through dense forest filled with rhododendron, oak, pine and juniper trees. During our trek, we will have magnificent views of Mera Peak and surrounding snow-capped peaks. A steep descent to the Hinku River and a final uphill climb will lead us to Kothe. Kothe lies to the west side of the Hinku valley and offers serene wilderness with lush vegetation to trekkers.
DAY 5: TREK FROM KOTHE TO THANGNAK [4326M/14189FT] DURATION: 4-5 HOURS
Our trail from Kothe goes along the ridge of the Hinku river towards Gondishung. We will pass through Lungsumgba Gompa which was built approximately 200 years ago. Here we can find Mera Peak along with its route scripted in rock, a fantastic example of rock carving architecture. Our trek continues along a rather easy walking trail that leads to the summer grazing area of Thangnak where there are shops and tea houses.
DAY 6: TREK FROM THANGNAK TO KHARE [5000M/16400FT] DURATION: 3 HOURS
Our trail from Thangnak goes over the lateral moraine towards Hinku Nup and Shar Glaciers. From there, the trek involves a steep climb all the way to Khare. We will enjoy the magnificent view of the Northern Face of Mera Peak from Khare. Besides, Khare offers a number of good hikes for exploration and acclimatization.
DAY 7: ACCLIMATIZATION DAY AT KHARE.
Acclimatization is essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental and physical sickness. As we are above the 5000 meters altitude, we will spend a rest day at Khare for acclimatization and exploration. Our Sherpa team will make necessary checks on our climbing gears including ropes, ice axes, crampons, harness, and other equipment before heading further to higher camps.
DAY 8: TREK TO MERA BASE CAMP [5300M/17384FT] 5-6 HOURS
Leaving Khare, we start our short but technically demanding trek towards Mera Peak Base Camp. Our trail is a gradual ascend over to the Mera Glacier. We will climb steeply towards the top of the glacier before traversing along the glacier to finally arrive at Mera Peak Base Camp. Once at the base camp, our Sherpa crew will quickly set up the camp and make necessary preparations for further trekking.
DAY 9: TREK TO MERA HIGH CAMP [5700M/18696FT] DURATION: 2 HOURS
Leaving the base camp, we will follow the trail that climbs over through Mera La Pass and continue trekking along the rocky and often snow-covered trail towards Mera Peak High Camp. Once at the high camp, our Sherpa crew will quickly set up the camps and make necessary checks on our health conditions and climbing gears. From the high camp, we can enjoy amazing views of Everest, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Baruntse, and Chamlang.
DAY 10: SUMMIT MERA PEAK (6,461M/21,1907FT) AND BACK TO KHARE (5045M/16,547FT) AND FLY BACK TO LUKLA BY HELICOPTER DURATION: 8-9 HOURS.
This is the day we have all been waiting for as we head to the summit. We will be up real early in the morning order to reach the summit with time enough to return to High Camp and Khare. The early morning light on the snow-covered peak is dazzling. From the summit we have some awesome views of Mt. Everest (8,848m), Cho-Oyu (8,210m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), Nuptse (7,855m), Chamlang (7,319m), Baruntse (7,129m) and other massive peaks. We will then return to Khare for the night.
DAY 11: FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU (1,350M) DURATION: 30 MINUTES FLIGHT.
Today we have an early morning scenic flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu. You will be taken back to your hotel in Thamel where you can stroll around its narrow streets or visit some of the historic sites in Kathmandu Valley.
DAY 12: TRANSFER TO THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FOR YOUR FINAL DEPARTURE.
Today is the last day of your climbing adventure in Nepal. A representative from Sherpa Expedition and Trekking will take you to the airport at least 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On your way home you’ll have a lot of time to consider your next great adventure into the Himalayan Mountains. There are definitely more mountains to climb!
Included in the price:
- Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both domestic and international flights as per itinerary.
- 2 Night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Trekking Lodge/teahouse and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session.
- Helicopter flight from Khare to Lukla.
- Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Schedule flight tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu to all the climbing members, Sherpa guide.
- 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner with tea/coffee available in the tea house/hotel/lodge during the trek.
- 3 fresh & hygienic meals a day: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served at base camp.
- Strong, helpful Sherpa porters with proper safety equipment and walking equipment, his salary, food, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Trekking permit (Sagarmatha national park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Climbing permit of Nepal government to Mera Peak
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Use of sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag and walking poles (if you don’t have your own, to be returned after trip completed).
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude staff.
- Trekking and climbing map of Mera Peak
- Our service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with a domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
- Sherpa Expedition and Trekking T-shirt.
- Oxygen meter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms) which will ensure your health during the trek.
Excluded from the price:
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, health bars.
- Items of personal nature – laundry expenses, tips.
- Rescues, repatriation, medicines, medical tests, and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (easy to obtain the visa on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15-day visa.
- Personal climbing gear.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (tipping is expected)
Request A Free Quote!
- Best price guarantee
- Without any obligation to book
- Your request will be sent directly to the operator