“Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro”- the highest peak of Africa is on the bucket of most adventure enthusiasts. Climbing Kilimanjaro gives a truly unique wilderness experience as you ascend to the peak of the world’s highest free-standing mountain. The hike along the gradually ascending slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro offers the chance to marvel its views and unique vegetation away from the hustle and bustle of civilization.
Even though Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is taxing on the body but it’s a reward as the experience on reaching the Uhuru peak is indescribable. So with World Adventure Tours, Kilimanjaro Climbing Packages realize your dream of reaching “the roof of Africa” with our experienced climbing team.
Climbing Kilimanjaro – The Routes
There are 7 official routes on Kilimanjaro-Machame, Marangu, the Northern Circuit, Umbwe, Lemosho, Mweka, and Shira - all of which lead to the inclines of Kibo, where the most astounding point 'Uhuru' can be summited. We at World Adventure offer climb on five of the most popular route of Kili which are listed below:
- Machame Route: Popularly known as “Whiskey Route” is one of the scenic hiking routes on Kilimanjaro. The route approaches the peak through the montane rainforest and the vertiginous Barranco Wall. Mahame has a good acclimatization profile also.
- Marangu Route: Also known as “Coca Cola Route”. It is the oldest and most established route on Kilimanjaro. It is the only route on Kilimanjaro which has hut accommodation.
- Rongai Route: Rongai Route is the only route on Kilimanjaro, which approaches from the northern side of the mountain, near the Kenyan border. The route offers a different perspective on Kilimanjaro by approaching it from the north.
- Shira Route: Shira Route is one of the two routes approaching Kilimanjaro from the western side of the mountain and is amazingly remote and less utilized. The remoteness alongside high success rates and varied landscape is the thing that makes Shira route champion from the rest.
- Lemosho Route: One of the recently framed routes on Mount Kilimanjaro, Lemosho Route is one of the most scenically and varied. It's optimal parity of excellent view, low group thickness, and high success rates make Lemosho significantly all the more engaging and a go-to route for both novice and experienced trekkers.
Highlights Of Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro:
- Summit the world's tallest free-standing mountain
- Trek up a dormant volcano with three unique volcanic cones
- The hike to Kilimanjaro’s peak takes you through five climate zones, from the tropics to the Arctic.
A successful Kilimanjaro climb puts you in the elite club of less than 1 % of the World's populace who have summited Kilimanjaro. So, get ready, pack your bags and head for the adventure which can change your life.