4 Days Private Nordic Expedition
Experience the magic of Swedish Lapland with our extraordinary four-day snowmobile and dog sledding adventure. This journey blends exhilarating activities with the serenity of the arctic wilderness. Enjoy unique local flavors, exotic views, and frosty landscapes in this unforgettable Arctic expedition, where real-life Winter Wonderland unfolds its beauty in ways you have only imagined, and change your views of the winter season for the rest of your life!
Customize Your Trip
Best Price Guarantee
Flight Booking Assistance
Certified Travelife Partner
Thrilling Snowmobile Adventure through Arctic terrain
Dog Sled Experience through snowy Laplands exotic landscape
Majestic views of Sweden’s tallest mountain Kebnekaise
GEAR UP FOR THE ULTIMATE POLAR ADVENTURE
Experience the exotic nature in winter wonderland on this Arctic adventure you will never forget!
From the moment you are picked up from Kiruna, your journey into the frozen north begins with a warm welcome at our exclusive lodge. Here you’ll be outfitted in top-of-the-line winter gear, ensuring comfort as you dive into the heart of Swedish Lapland. A first experience will be hands-on snowmobile tour, rounded off by a relaxing sauna session and a delectable 2-course dinner that features the finest local fare.
DISCOVER THE MAJESTIC LANDSCAPES AND LOCAL TRADITIONS
Following day you will unfold a snowmobile voyage to the majestic Kebnekaise, where you’ll lunch with panoramic views of Sweden’s tallest peaks. The adventure will move on to Kaitumriver, with an evening of fireside dining and a soothing traditional wood-fired sauna by the riverbank at Camp Tjuonajokk. You will be invited to become one with nature as you lead your own dog sled team through the heart of the Lapland forests, followed by a five-course dinner that captures the essence of Lapland’s culinary diversity. And before this expedition comes to an end, you will have one last magical ride of 250km of Arctic experiences under the clear Northern skies.
Embrace this unique opportunity to explore, dine, and dream in the heart of the Arctic – a tour unlike any other!
If you wish for a bit longer experience in this winter’s paradise, check out our Arctic Trail Nordic Expedition that includes a visit to the renowned Ice Hotel!
ARRIVAL AND ORIENTATION AT THE LODGE
SNOWMOBILE EXPEDITION TO KEBNEKAISE AND KAITUMRIVER
DOG SLEDDING ADVENTURE AND LAPLAND CULINARY EXPERIENCE
From the banks of the Kaitum River, the snowmobile tour continues past the low mountains down into the coniferous forest and up to my friends in the mountain village where you saddle up and get to experience driving your own sled dog team in the absolute best way. After a full day with the 4-legged friends, we round off with dinner at the lodge, Team Alex serves a journey with flavors from all over Lapland covered by 5 courses.
DEPARTURE FROM THE HEART OF LAPLAND
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR YOUR ARCTIC ADVENTURE
- You must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driving license
- The experience is privately guided for your own party
- 250 kilometers/155 miles through the most stunning landscape
- You do not need to have previous experience of managing your own snowmobile and your own sled dog team, but you should be in good physical health
- The guides may implement a different journey plan than that described after conducting risk assessments, in part due to the weather
What is the tipping etiquette for safari guides and mountain crews on trips like this?
Tipping is highly appreciated at the end of safari/mountain climb. The size of tips will vary depending on the length and complexity of the trip, the number of staff on the trip and the number of clients on the trip. Generally, groups like to meet together before the end of the trek to discuss how much they would like to tip each staff member based on their individual trek experience. You should prepare an envelope after your trek for your tip money at the Hotel. You can use US dollars, Euros, TZ Shillings or a combination of these. Please ask the Safari/Climbing coordinator at the Hotel for advice.
Mountain Climbs: $25-50 USD per Day per Climber to be shared between guides, chefs and porters.
Safaris: Driver/Guide: $35-50 USD per Day per Car. If it is a camping safari there will be a tip for the cook $10 USD per Day.
THESE ARE JUST GUIDELINES AND TIPS CAN BE GIVEN TO SAFARI STAFF/MOUNTAIN CREW ACCORDING TO SERVICES PROVIDED.
A BUCKET LIST ADVENTURE IN A FROSTY PARADISE
Choose this travel plan for an unparalleled Arctic adventure where wildlife nature meets winter wonderland—guaranteed to be an unforgettable journey.
- Immersive Arctic Exploration: Navigate through untouched snowscapes on snowmobiles and dog sleds for an authentic connection with the Arctic environment.
- Culinary Delights: Feast on a variety of local dishes, from a rustic 2-course meal to an elaborate five-course dinner, each reflecting the unique tastes of Lapland.
- Relaxing Nordic Traditions: End your days with the soothing warmth of traditional wood-fired saunas, an essential part of the Scandinavian way of life.
JOURNEY THROUGH THE HEART OF LAPLAND
This adventure includes a hands-on snowmobile tour through the frosty Arctic wilderness, followed by traditional activities as sauna-bathing and a dinners showcasing the region’s finest cuisine. As you journey to Kebnekaise, you’ll be treated to panoramic views of Sweden’s tallest peaks and an intimate fireside dining experience by a remote local river. The adventure gives you a chance of leading a dog sled team through the Lapland forests before a final breathtaking 250km ride under the Northern skies.
This is the perfect opportunity for the curious adventurers to check of your bucket list and make life lasting memories of this magical frosty paradise.
Mattarahkka Northern Lights Lodge
A cozy, family-run retreat on the outskirts of Kiruna, Swedish Lapland. The lodge features seven double rooms with lofts and ensuite bathrooms. Relax in a cozy atmosphere with a fireplace and dine with a view of snow-covered mountains.
Experience the magic of the northern lights and the beauty of Arctic nature, and enjoy amenities as sauna, outdoor hot tub, free use of snowshoes and cross-country skis, and Wi-Fi.
Included in the price:
- Transfer from and to Kiruna aiport
- Driving your own snowmobile including full insurance
- Driving your own sled dog team
- Loan of snowmobile helmet, two-piece hooded jacket, shoes, mittens, goggles, and balaclava
- 3 overnight stays with full board from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 4
- 250 kilometers/155 miles through the most stunning arctic landscape
Price does not cover:
- International flights – please get in touch with us to organize your international flights
- Domestic flights – please get in touch with us to organize your domestic flight
- Travel and health insurance – We advise our clients to buy insurance from their home countries
- Meals, drinks & excursions not describe in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone, and postage
- Tips for your driver-guide – Find guidelines in “Useful to know“
Rest assured, we’re here to assist with anything not covered in the price.
Your convenience is our priority.
Request A Free Quote!
- Best price guarantee
- Without any obligation to book
- Your request will be sent directly to the operator